Friday, December 16, 2011

writing group

Why would I put myself though this? I have decided to start blogging about my writing. To explore the why and how of my hobby. To share my thoughts and explore techniques.

I attended my first writers group meeting the other night. I didn’t know what to expect going in and had not submitted anything for critique. I just wanted to observe, to watch the process, and judge the participants. In all honesty, I wanted to determine just how much would I be risking by participating.

I was very impressed. While there was a very wide range of attendees. They all seemed very hardworking and very passionate about their writing. I didn’t know there were people out there like me. Writing and trying to find that voice that fills the page with meaning and emotion. That voice that can reach down into another person.
Eleven people had their works critiqued. The critics were fair and honest and very helpful. I will definitely submit my own writing next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment